Ewan, Jamie, and Lachlan Maclean hope to become the first trio of brothers to row the 3,000-miles from San Sebastián de La Gomera in the Canary Islands, off the west coast of Africa, to the West Indies. The siblings, who refer to themselves on their website as the Broar Brothers — a portmanteau of “bro” and “oar” — will race against 37 other teams and solo rowers in the Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge in December.
On February 3rd, 2019, Mark E. Myers was elected President of the Clan Maclean International Association (CMIA) by his peers of world-wide association presidents. He replaced Reverend Abbot Patrick Maclean of Colorado who recently resigned his term.
I make my living as a personal historian for hire. I help individuals and families preserve their experiences and memories so that the next generation can understand what shaped their personalities and the mindsets of other times and other places. That really is what family history is all about, trying to envision our ancestor’s lives. As I look over the stories I have been privileged to hear over the past year, I have learned some wonderful lessons. Let me share them with you.
More Articles ...
- Welcome Anne Redding, Pipings Editor
- Passing of Bob McLean
- Help Restore Duart
- Overcoming Lung Problems to Run 5K
- Upcoming Event for Macleans in the DC/Virginia/Maryland area.
- 2018 AGM at Grandfather Mountain
- Tartan Day
- Maclean Helps Start Scottish Women's Society
- Duart Caste Restoration Progress
- Gary Maclean, Scotland's National Chef
- 2017 National Book Awards Finalist
- Duart Castle Restoration Progress
- Duart Restoration Update
- 2017 Annual General Meeting
- 2017 Gathering and the Restoration Appeal
- Silent Auction Preview
- Calling Macleans to the Tatoo
- Dwayne McLean, Air Traffic Controller
- Macleans At Pearl Harbor
- Donor Recognition