Saturday, July 11 from 2:00-4:00 EDT
The summer games may be canceled but Clan Maclean will press on. Instead of gathering at Grandfather Mountain this July, Clan Maclean will be hosting a Virtual Clan Gathering on Saturday, July 11 from 2:00-4:00 EDT. The event will be streamed live on our website and may also be viewed live on Facebook or YouTube and is open to all.
We have an exciting lineup of activities and presentations, including some highland dancing, a piper and a bring-your-own whisky tasting hosted by our very own Doug Wyat that you won't want to miss.
CMAUS will also be hostng a virtual silent auction to benefit the Duart Castle restoration fund. We have already received several exciting donations including a Duart Castle Whisky gift set including two etched Glencairn glasses, handmade face masks in Maclean Hunting tartan and two handbags in Duart Modern tartan, two prints of the old Fort Dewart, a replica battle axe, and for Outlander fans - some signed cast photos!
The Silent Auction will run from 7/9/2020 at 6:00PM through 7/18/2020 at 12:00 PM EDT
Registration at 32auctions.com is required to bid.
Virtual Gathering Agenda
- Greetings from Sir Lachlan Hector Charles Maclean of Duart and Morven, 12th Baronet, CVO, DL 28th Chief of Clan Maclean
- A Conversation with Dougie Maclean
- Duart Appeal Silent Auction
- A Brief History of the Clan Maclean and Q&A
- Whisky Tasting and Toast
- Highland Dancing
- More Whisky Tasting
- Flowers of the Forest Name Reading
- Convener Kits
- Whisky Tasting #3 and Toast
- Closing Remarks
- Annual General Meeting (for Association Members in good standing)
2020 Annual General Meeting
Saturday, July 11 from 4:00-5:00 EDT
The AGM meeting is open to all members in good standing of the Clan MacLean Association in U.S. (CMAUS). Complete the registration form below and the Zoom invitation for the closed meeting will be emailed to you prior to the event.
- Call to order
- Question of quorum
- Welcome, Introductions, Secretary's Report
- Approval of 2019 AGM Minutes
- Vice President's Report (include membership)
- Treasurer's Report (include Castle Appeal donations)
- Newsletter Editor's Report
- WebMaster's Report
- Lead Convener
- Convener kits
- Membership package
- Maclean weaponry exhibit
- Games, Clan tents: conveners, current games/locations, and future locations and conveners
- Regional Directors: Regions 2 and 5 open
- Elections: Secretary, Treasurer, each 3 years term beginning 1/1/2021
- Donations, Scholarships, Grants: Duart Castle restoration appeal
- Appreciation Proclamation Certificates:
- Past Presidents Advisory Council: Kirk, Lane, Claude Hicks, Patrick McLean)
- AGM: 2021 Grandfather Mountain-7/10 21: 2022 Colonial, Fairhill, MD 5/ 21/ 2022
- Dinners: AGM, Daniel Boone Inn, 7/10/21, 7:30 PM., NYC, 4/9/ 21. 7:00 PM.
- Tartan Day Parade: (NYC, 4/10/21, Club Quarters Midtown Hotel, Group Reservation, $200 +tax/nt.(reserve now) Maclean Headquarters -Midpoint Bistro and Bar 40 W 45th Street,
- For the Good of the Clan: Adjournment