Welcome to the Clan Maclean Association in the United States (formerly Clan Gillean USA), a member of Clan Maclean International. This is a place for American Macleans to connect with other kin, clan, and family.
We work hard to preserve and share the history of our ancient clan and the genealogical records of its members; we also take pride in continuing the traditions, music, and stories of Macleans throughout the world. Many members volunteer to represent the Macleans at Scottish games and gatherings throughout the United States. Occasionally we host special events such as galas, ceilidhs, and other get-togethers. We hope you join us for one!
We invite you to join us and connect with the ancient world-wide Maclean family.
The 2018 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Clan Maclean in the U.S. will be held Saturday, July 14 at 1PM in the Maclean tent at the Grandfather Mountain Highland Games.
All members in good standing are encouraged to attend and participate in the business of the Association conducted at the AGM. The location of the AGM is rotated annually so that members in all Regions have the opportunity to attend.
- Call to order
- Question of quorum, recognition of voting members
- Reading of 2017 AGM minutes
- Officers Reports
- Secretary’s Report
- Treasurer’s report, financial standing
- Vice President’s report, membership standing
- President’s Report
- Committee Reports
- Newsletter, Editor
- Lead Convener
- Duart Appeal
- 501 C3 Tax Exemption
- Regional Directors
- Election of Officers at 2018 AGM, for 3 years term, commencing January 1, 2019 until December 31, 2021: President. Election presided by the Treasurer.
- Election of Officers: at 2019 AGM, Vice President; at 2020 AGM, Secretary and Treasurer
News From Around the World
Macleans Across the Web
- Four Texoma boys will try to become Junior Olympians in Iowa
- McLean cruises to junior girls' crown
- Eavesdropping on Ron MacLean's Stampede conversation with his dog
- NSGEU applauds new Nurse Practitioner Education Incentive Program
- Alan Johnson Dies: Mel Brooks 'Young Frankenstein' Choreographer Was 81