Welcome to the Clan Maclean Association in the United States (formerly Clan Gillean USA), a member of Clan Maclean International. This is a place for American Macleans to connect with other kin, clan, and family.
We work hard to preserve and share the history of our ancient clan and the genealogical records of its members; we also take pride in continuing the traditions, music, and stories of Macleans throughout the world. Many members volunteer to represent the Macleans at Scottish games and gatherings throughout the United States. Occasionally we host special events such as galas, ceilidhs, and other get-togethers. We hope you join us for one!
We invite you to join us and connect with the ancient world-wide Maclean family.
Tartan day celebrates the signing of the Declaration of Arbroath, which confirmed Scotland's independence on April 6, 1320. The celebration of Tartan Day is primarily a North American tradition that began in Canada in the 1980's ans quickly spread to the United. Many of our cousins join Tartan Day celebrations across the United States and Canada. This year there are two big Tartan Day celebrations that Macleans are planning to participate in.
Read more ...
News From Around the World
Macleans Across the Web
- PHOTOS: Class 4A and 3A state track
- Kenny McLean: Graeme Shinnie will show Scott Brown what a quality player he is on Scotland's ...
- Bison Complete Series Sweep of South Dakota State with 6-5 Walk-Off Win on Senior Day
- Recovering commodity prices spark Tasmanian mining resurgence
- Tidying up Butte's historic St. Patrick's Cemetery