Welcome to the Clan Maclean Association in the United States (formerly Clan Gillean USA), a member of Clan Maclean International. This is a place for American Macleans to connect with other kin, clan, and family.
We work hard to preserve and share the history of our ancient clan and the genealogical records of its members; we also take pride in continuing the traditions, music, and stories of Macleans throughout the world. Many members volunteer to represent the Macleans at Scottish games and gatherings throughout the United States. Occasionally we host special events such as galas, ceilidhs, and other get-togethers. We hope you join us for one!
We invite you to join us and connect with the ancient world-wide Maclean family.
Charley McLean Thought Childhood Lung Problems Would Kill Him—Until He Ran His First 5K. ”I was resigned to the fact that I probably wouldn’t make it past 30.“
“When I crossed the finish line at my first 5K last spring, I cried. Actually, that’s a lie: I unleashed the waterworks somewhere during the third mile, recognizing the sheer magnitude of the goal I was about to accomplish. A year or two ago, that goal would’ve seemed improbable,” Charley McLean said. “It wasn’t the first time that running moved me to tears, and it probably won’t be the last. That’s because I was never supposed to finish a 5K, or even run for a few unbroken minutes without my body breaking down.”
“But despite the despair I used to feel, I blindly believed in the idea of a future, even when my outlook seemed bleakest. And that’s how I found myself misty-eyed, with a hard-earned medal hanging from my neck, on a cold, damp April day.”
News From Around the World
Macleans Across the Web
- McLean Has a “Super Sunday,” & A Look at the “Jockey's Standings” at Keeneland's Fall Meet
- SFA explain why top flight referees are sometimes BARRED from reffing certain teams after ...
- Opposing groups press VDOT on proposed I-495 ramp closure in McLean
- Andrea McLean dines at this TV presenter's café – and poses with the celebrity owner
- Dundee fans' concerns over referee Steven McLean's links to Kilmarnock answered by SFA boss